Monday, September 13, 2010

First time using the Internet...

I'm sure that I used the internet before this time, but this is the time where I remember using the Internet the most. I was pretty young, probably in 5th or 6th grade, and we just got or first computer at home. It was one of those massive computers. The monitor was huge, and the fan was loud. We only had one computer in the house, and we all had to share, and there was six of us sharing



I think what I remember the most was the slow dial up AOL. The horrible noise it made when you were signing on to the internet, and the 10 years it seemed to take to get there. I think what my parents remembered most was how we always tied up the phone line when we were on the computer, which they were never very happy about.

My sister and I shared a Screen Name on AOL instant messenger; they said I was too young for my own. So we shared Sync5 (We were N'Sync fanatics!) and we each had our own little section of Buddy Lists. It actually used to get pretty annoying because it never seemed to be the right person when someone would IM you. They were always looking for my sister when I was online, and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure that most of the time I was just online looking at N'Sync and Backstreet Boys websites, being the crazy fan I was, and the other time was usually spend playing games at Games.com, when it was still free. Looking back now, it was the coolest thing ever... and I never really did anything.

My least favorite memory of the early internet was only having so many hours of AOL to use a month, and my parents making us have a log so they knew who was on the internet the most and when it was going to run out. But not worries, we always just went and got one of those CD's that AOL gave out with so many free hours on them. I was so happy the day we went to internet that didn't need the phone line.

No comments:

Post a Comment